Friday, October 19, 2012

Hot Air Balloon Birthday Card

I am not the most consistent blogger, but it's hard to find time to keep up. The hubby is away on business so I'm spending time with the boys at my parents house.  Here's a fun card that I made using some My Creative Time dies and stamps.  I do enjoy using the Cricut but I also like how quickly I can get a card done using dies, stamps and coloring.  I watched a few You Tube videos on coloring with Copics and I'm getting the hang of it.  I stamped a few of these balloons and did about 3 practice runs before getting the results I achieved on this one.  I have been sketching and coloring since grammar school I think these Copics will be my new best friend.  

To create the grass, I randomly cut three pieces of scrap paper and used 3 different cuttlebug folders.  The balloon and clouds are from the Fly Away With Me dies and stamp sets by My Creative Time.  The sentiment is from the Card Sentiments stamp set that comes with the 3x3 Trifold Card die.  I don't have much crafting supplies at my house, just a Cricut and a few cartridges, a Cuttlebug with a couple of folders and a very small supply of paper and embellishments, so you can imagine how much I enjoy crafting when I'm in my mom's craft room!  

9 comments:

  1. Too cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog and then liking my haunted house. I'm your newest follower.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card!! I love all the texture and dimension!! The embossing is fabulous!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! I'm happy to be your newest follower :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, great card, love your copic coloring, and great embossing, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute, cute, cute. Love that embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa ~ This is just a BEAUTIFUL scene card!!! The rolling hills, the embossing and of course the coloring!! I totally get about blogging! Very hard to do when the hubs travels! Mine did for many years! Plus you have to CUTIES to take care of! Never worry we aren't going anywhere! We will stop by anytime you have something to share with us!!

    PERFECT and GORGEOUS card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO HOO!!!! I love them all so much, and you KNOW I need one. : ) Adore your blog. And you.
    Plastic Cards
    a way to solve many printing problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous coloring, chickie! And all the different dots are so fun! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's an amazing work....thanks for sharing..!!! Plastic card printing.....

    ReplyDelete