Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day Cupcake Cones

I made these cupcake cones for Domenic's Valentine's Day party at school. Angelo has an MRI scheduled for Friday so I also made some to take to the hospital to give to the kids at the infusion clinic. :)

They were very easy to make. Once you have your cake batter ready, just fill the cones about 3/4 full and then bake them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or so. I placed the cones directly on a deep pan and they stayed in place if you put them close enough together.

Once they were out of the oven and cooled I spooned candy melts along the edges and then sprinkled with colored sugar. Once that was done then I frosted the tops and placed a candy heart in the frosting.

The tricky part is transporting them.   I found that each one fit perfectly in a plastic cup. Once they are in the cup they pretty much stay in place. You will hear them rattle around but they will be fine. The frosting didn't smudge at all and the candy melts had already hardened.

I then wrapped them in cute sulafane bags and tied with ribbon.

I hope you all enjoy!!!















I am entering my cupcake cones in the following challenges:
Anything But A Card - Share the Love
Scrappy Moms Stamps - Terrfic Tuesday - Valentines
Decorate to Celebrate - Valentine/Love Decoration or Party Supply

5 comments:

  1. Oh yum, they look delicious!! What awesome treats!! You should link this up at Decorate to Celebrate (http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/)!! Happy Valentine's Day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it! I forgot to tell you to save one for me! They turned out great, Melissa, and they look just like the real thing! I'll be everyone enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa ~ OOOMMMGGG! This is such a CUTE and WONDERFUL idea!! I LOVE them and I bet these were a HUGE hit with the kids in Domenic's class and the kids at the clinic! I must try these soon! Thanks for ALL the tips too! Plus look how you packaged them!! Well I am just seeing this post now~ I pray for Angelo all the time and I hope things went AMAZINGLY! Remember you are an AWESOME mommy!!! Huge Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute project and congratulations on your feature over at Decorate to Celebrate! Loved your project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, these really are just entirely TOO CUTE!! What a yummy and FUN treat (and so much better than the inch-high-icing-cupcakes that I used to send with my kiddos!!)... I'm so glad that Lisa sent you our way!!

    I'm sorry I didn't get to stop by sooner, but I still wanted to say thank you for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog! We hope you'll join us again for our current challenge (it's all about Weddings, Engagements, and falling in LOVE!!)

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete